Friday, May 21, 2010

Chapter Two!


Exciting news! Chapter Two is almost complete! (and by complete, I mean nowhere near done because it still needs to be edited and shot and flown in via helicopter for surgery and then edited again and then maybe, just maybe, it will be complete!) I thought I had finished it earlier, but when I read it all the way through I just felt like something was missing... oh yeah, the actual story! Sometimes I get a little distracted by my own thoughts so that I don't even realize what's getting on the paper. But that's kind of the beauty of being an unpublished author. I have all the time in the world to screw up and then fix it and then yes, screw up again. Granted, I want to get this published. I want to share our story with the world. But the true beauty is that no one is riding my back to get it done. I wonder if published authors miss that sense of peace?

In a completely unrelated note, Kristen has been missing for a few days. We found her though, don't worry. Isn't it funny that today, in our technology era, that people can still find ways to lose themselves? *raises eyebrows at roommate*
(I've been spending a lot of time on St. Simon's Island... it's very close to my home. All of the pictures in this post are from my adventures there.) Well, for those of us not on vacation *eyes roommate disdainfully* the summer has officially started... I go back to work on Monday. A job is a job... I just wish I had a different one. A job that actually highlighted my talents and that I enjoyed thoroughly. Dream a little dream, right?

Back to Beckoned... I am so excited with the direction that Chapter Two is taking. Hopefully Kristen the Secret Nazi will let me post at least a little sneak peek once it's complete (refer to the first paragraph for a definition of complete)*also*(I'm just kidding about the Nazi thing... if it weren't for her, I would probably post the whole book online. She keeps me in check.)For any other writers out there, have you ever noticed how your writing sometimes seems to have a mind of it's own? It is both beautiful and scary. But that's why I love it so much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment